LOOKING FOR A FULL-TIME PROJECT AND FUNDRAISING MANAGER
The Hungarian Helsinki Committee (HHC) is looking for a full-time Project and fundraising manager, a key role in a dynamic and leading Hungarian human rights NGO.
Application deadline: 8 February 2019 (Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.)
Starting date: First half of March 2019
Location: HHC office in Budapest, Hungary
- Elaborating project and activity concepts, drafting project proposals, preparing budgets;
- Preparing periodic narrative reports to donors, ensuring the proper implementation of domestic and international projects, liaising with project partners and donors, coordinating reporting activities internally;
- Proactively working on institutional and project-based fundraising (including identifying new donors and funding opportunities, approaching donors, etc.);
- Representing the organisation at relevant professional events.
The Project and fundraising manager will work primarily, but not exclusively, on projects related to refugee protection and forced migration.
The candidate should:
- Hold a bachelor or master's degree in a relevant field; for example social sciences, economy, public policy, or political science;
- Have an excellent written and spoken English and be a confident public speaker;
- Be good in effective writing, as well as in editing documents in a visually attractive format;
- Have firm experience in project management, writing project proposals and reporting to donors/funders;
- Be good in multitasking and working under pressure;
- Be good in distilling complex concepts into simple and concise information;
- Be proficient is using office software such as Microsoft Office;
- Be a real team player, with a good ability to coordinate other persons’ work and to support an entire team;
- Be precise, punctual, open-minded and creative;
- Be strongly committed to human rights and the mission of the HHC;
- Know and understand the HHC's operational context, mandate and concrete activities;
- Be eligible to work in Hungary.
The knowledge of Hungarian language is not a general requirement for this particular position.
It will be considered in favour of the candidate if she/he:
- Has experience in working in the field of human rights and/or asylum;
- Has experience in working at an NGO;
- Speaks other relevant languages, such as Hungarian, French, German, Spanish or Russian.
Applications need to be sent in e-mail to email@example.com, with "Project and Fundraising Manager – [name of the candidate]" specified in the subject line. Applications should include:
- A CV in English
A motivation letter of maximum 700 words in English, which briefly answers the following questions:
- What relevant skills and experiences would you bring to this job? Why do you think you are a suitable candidate?
- Why would you like to work with the Hungarian Helsinki Committee? Please consider its mandate, activities and current operational context.
- What are the challenges you see for the HHC in terms of financial sustainability and operational context, and what ideas would you have to address these challenges?
- Your required net monthly salary in HUF
- Two professional references with contact information